This wonderful church, which is also known as “Wildcat Church”, has a long history. It was established in the year 1850. The fact that it is still in existence is a testimony that The Lord’s hand is upon this church.

Unfortunately, much of the church’s history has been lost over the years, but this is what we know for sure:

It was founded in 1850 as a missionary work of the Chester Baptist Church. One half acre was purchased from Joseph Morris and one half acre from William James in 1851. A church building was erected in that year.   

In 1959, a basement for a new church building was completed. Services were held in this basement until the building was finished and dedicated on April 6, 1964.

On September 10, 1971, the church received a gift of two acres of land lying south and west of the original church property.

A parsonage, which was purchased in Fulton during the 1960’s, was sold in 1975 and the money was used to pay off the loan on the church building. A mortgage burning was held in November 1975. The remaining money from the sale of the parsonage was used to start a building fund. In 1977, ground was broken for a new parsonage on the church property. The new parsonage was built by the members and was dedicated on March 16, 1978.                                                                                                      

(A more detailed copy of the church history is available upon request.)

Former Pastors:

George Fuller (earliest Pastor on record)                     

Ray McAuley (1920’s)

Alfred Notsteine (1930’s)

William Cook (twice: 1940’s & 1950’s)

Jim Gant (1960’s)

Oneil Phelps (?)               

Ed Hamilton (?)

Ray Doan (1970 – 1985)

Mike Herbert (1985 – 1989)

Bruce Comers (1989 – 1992)                             

Mike Kirk (1993 – 1995)

Scott Pickle (1997 – 2003)                                 

Ethan Daves (2004 – 2007)

Rocky Lindley (2007 – 2008)     

Darrell Cardwell (2008 – 2012)

Jason Martin (2012 – Current)